GP2X development

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

progressing slowly

I seems it will take a bit more time than what I expected.
At the same time I work on the gp2x port I'm preparing a general linux port, and as I am developing it on an x86_64 system, I have found somb bugs which do not affect 32bit systems, which I have tried to solve before continuing with the gp2x port.
Right now openbor is running stable in my ubuntu 64bit system, without sound.
On the gp2x side, SamuraiX took my old sources from the original bor gp2x version but it halted when trying to load a file. My version (which I will send to SamuraiX when it works) solves these problems but crashes at the time the initial animation should be displayed (at approx the time when the first music file is loaded, so I think it has some relation with my no-audio-on-linux problem).

I'm really lacking on free time, but I still expect to have it working soon...

4 Comments:

  • Thanks for the update lemon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 PM  

  • Do you forsee an openbor christmas preasent for gp2x users this year?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 PM  

  • Hey lemon,

    I'm a 64bit ubuntu user also, any chance you could make your work available? I'm not having much luck running openbor in dosbox/qemu/vmware

    Cheers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 PM  

  • Well I've successfully ported the SDL version to Gp2x and RedHat Linux. If you are familiar with compiling code under linux then download the source and try compiling the code for Ubuntu. You shouldn't have any issues as long as you have the development libraries for SDL, SDL_image and SDL_gfx.

    Feel free to ask any questions over at my site. Http://www.lavalit.com Like i said I've ported the engine to Linux and I used Redhat as my testing grounds and found it running smoothly. Only took 2 minutes to port the engine to Linux....;)

    -SumolX aka SamuraiX

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home